Home Inspection Detects Hazardous Gas

On a recent home inspection near Rochester MN,  I came across what appeared to be a blocked chimney flue.  Both the furnace and water heater were functioning properly with nice blue flames.  I was however getting back draft Carbon Monoxide exhaust from both appliances.  Carbon Monoxide does not smell or taste and can lead to death if occupants are over exposed.  I recommended to the homeowner that they immediately get a qualified Plumbing & Heating contractor to resolve the condition.  In addition, it was recommended that Carbon Monoxide detectors be installed on all levels of the home.

If you enjoyed this video, and would like to see more like it, please leave a comment.